Monday, April 4, 2011

Unto the Hills: A Daily Devotional by Billy Graham

The book Unto the Hills: A Daily Devotional by Billy Graham presents 365 days of devotional readings. For each day of the year, there is an inspirational message sharing a thought or a story about a particular verse in the Bible.  To end the quiet meditation is a short meaningful prayer that you can use as a springboard for your personal prayers. Though the entries are dated, you can really read whichever you like since each one is independent of the others.

I received this book at the beginning of 2011 and I have been enjoying every single entry. I find the messages simple to understand and encouraging which usually address the various facets of our Christian life - from knowing God personally to knowing yourself well and how you can live a victorious Christian life.  I usually use the book as a starting point for my personal study of the particular verse for the day and dig deeper into the Word. I can definitely say that this book is a good quiet time supplement for Christians especially for new believers who want to know more about God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment